Thursday, December 28, 2006

So how was Christmas ?

Hey all,

Just wanted to see how your Christmas holidays went, or maybe are still going?
To be honest, alot of people I have spoken to this year have said that it did not feel like Christmas, and I tended to agree. It just went by so quickly. It is already 3 days later and it doesn't even seem like it happened.

I find as we get older time just flioes by so much quicker. I remember as a kid, during the summer holidays I used to go round my cousins house for a week, he'd come round to mine for a few, we chill for a few and it would still feel like there was 10 left, now holidays are over before you know it. Is this just because we think this way, or is it because we are so worried about work and bills and family that we forget to actually enjoy the time.

Back to Christmas anyway, I would like to know how many non Christians actually celebrate Christmas, I mean do you do all the presents and all. This actually amuses me, because we seem to do the food, the drinks, and many of my family members also do the presents, but I have no doubt none of them actually take part in the understanding behind Christmas as I feel Christians would do. Even though this may sound wrong to a few of you, I always think it is right to respect other religions and I respect Christmas, I do not ignore it and most years my family puts up the tree, makes the big dinner, but I never agree with the giving of presents. For some reason I cannot see why we would give presents when Christmas does not mean alot to me. We do not give presents for our celebrations so how come everybody suddenly realises that they have to shop for their kids, and go out and buy the latest toys. I'm not sure what to think on this and would like to get some other views...!

Well it's over anyway, for another year, and i'm back at work already, but only another day and we then have new year to celebrate. How many of you are thinking.. 'Where did 2006 go?'

Hope you all had a good Christmas and have a fantastic new year.

"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home